Sunday, May 25, 2014

Unit 7 Reading Response

Chapter 10 about users’ goodwill is very interesting to me. I never thought about it the way that Krug thinks about it. I suppose I go onto a webpage and have a full reserve which goes down every time I encounter an issue with the site I’m on. I am very optimistic, though, so I will usually try to find what I’m looking for for a minute or two, but most times if the interface is just cluttered I just leave if I don’t see what I need on the main page. Like Krug said, it’s good to have the information users/customers want and need visible to them. Being upfront and honest I think will only give more reason to the user to respect your business or services. I could go on and on about ads on websites and how annoying they are. I think it’s fine in moderation, but only the static ads. The ads that make you wait to close them, or the ones that slide up from the bottom of the page, then make you “X” out of them (only to open up a pop-up menu) are just plain awful and turn me off from even trying to use whatever website it is. Ads bring in money, and that’s what [online] businesses need to do to keep the money coming in. I think ads are a waste of space because most of the time, I don’t bother looking at them and my eyes automatically register them as “annoying ads” in my head, so I don’t bother taking a second glance. I think ads are never going to go away, so I’ve learned to deal with it.

Here are some responsive design testers I found:



No comments:

Post a Comment